Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kids and clothes don't match

Kids & clothes or at least my 4 & 5 years olds don't. As you know I have 5 kids. I have 4 boys ages...14, 12, 5 & 2, A girl who is 4 (my 5 & 4 year olds are 10 1/2 months apart. Yes I know, I hear it all the time, blame it on him!)My son wears everything backwards and sometimes inside out, because "he likes it that way" Really...I know he can't really like it "that way"...which part of "that way" even remotely seams to be comfortable? My daughter wow...she is a different story (little back ground on her...if you so much as color wrong by using either the wrong colors or go out side of the lines or what ever it might be at that moment, she does not like you. If you are in her class and you don't lesson to the teacher or do what you are told right that second, she does not like you. Once she does not like you, it takes her months to like you again if ever. She is our little piece of work.) You would think because she takes everything out of her drawer and goes through every piece of clothing she owns, plus everything else in her life has to be perfect that her outfits would be the same....... My lovely daughter makes sure she does not match from head to toe. Her socks cannot even match, colors, patterns nothing. I am so confused! How come everything else has to be perfect? Yet, she still has to think she looks perfect. If she is not happy with her selection she will change and change and change again. I know it is a sigh of self expression. Self expression...I am about to open a kids clothing line that no matter what it is, no matter the colors they come together in some way and match. Thank goodness all of the neighbors, Family, Friends & school teachers know how she is and how she dresses. They all think "It's cute". I on the other hand cannot wait until this passes. I have to plan my outfits around hers. Depending on what she finally decides to wear for the moment and where we are going depends on what I can finally pick out to wear.
I have to look nice enough so we don't look like trailer trash, yet I can't look to nice or I look like I spend all the money on myself and deprive my kids. Really...won't someone please tell her besides me? When I tell her she looks at me like I am the crazy one and has no idea what I am talking about.

1 comment:

  1. It's so true! I think I have an easier time convincing her to wear matching clothes. Probably because I'm not her mother.

    ReplyDelete